The Bailey's Crossroads Campus

At the corner of Leesburg Pike (VA Route 7) and Columbia Pike (VA Route 244) once stood an eight-room schoolhouse, Bailey's Elementary School. The school was built in 1922 and served elementary school students until 1954, when a new Bailey's Elementary was built three-quarters of a mile further north on Leesburg Pike. University College (later named George Mason) moved into the tiny schoolhouse in the fall of 1957. Fifty yards to the east, was Bailey's Crossroads Fire Department.

The firehouse lent its upstairs Bingo hall to the college as a lounge, since there was no remaining space in school building. Today, neither of these buildings are are standing, an in their place, is a laundromat.